Friday, August 27

Back to reality..

I can't believe I'm back in LA. The week went by too fast! Well here is a quick summary of what went on:

Friday Aug 20~ Monday Aug 23
Left LA for Honolulu to stay at the Sheraton Waikiki for 3 nights. I was pretty darn happy... ok I was extremely happy... Louis Vuitton was right across the street! And the block over to the left housed Gucci, Chanel, Dior and Tod's. Within walking distance?? It was too much for me. ~.~ All I did in Waikiki was shop, every hour, every day. I picked up a really cute necklace from Chanel~ they were having a sale on some of their jewelry but of course I had to pick out something that wasn't on sale. Macy's was having a big sale too, I got 2 pairs of Hudson jeans and some Sweetees tanks and Sanctuary cropped pants- it was so hot & humid I ran out of clothes to wear by the 3rd day there. I also discovered a new must-have piece of clothing: Mimi & Coco tank tops.



The pointelle tank comes in either solid colors or with contrast lace. They are a light breathable cotton and very stretchy for comfort. Anyways they come in a ton of yummy colors and it's hard to refrain from wearing these tanks everyday! They are easy to dress up or down too, making them very versatile.

Anyways I also stopped by the Ala Moana mall where Neiman Marcus was having a great sale on Marc by Marc Jacobs clothes and I also picked up a turq blue Miu Miu bag for 65% off. Nuts. At nights I just walked around the streets and I ran into a Brazilian girl who handmakes all of her own jewelry with real semi-precious stones. She was so talented! I got some very good deals on the most gorgeous necklaces. I'll try to get some photos up later!

Ooh and I can't forget to mention the awesome pedicure I got at Nailabo. They specialize in Hawaiian floral print on the nails... here are some grossie pics of my feet ~.~



Mon Aug 23 ~ Thurs Aug 26
I arrived in Maui... I was originally going to stay in Ka'anapali but when I saw how crowded it was there I immediately made a call to make the switch over to the Ritz Carlton in Kapalua Bay. The resort was gorgeous; everything from the 3-tier swimming pool to the quiet private beach was breathtaking.



Anyhow there wasn't much to do (shop) in Maui so I spent most of the time working on my tan and relaxing on the beach. The shops in the villages were alright (although it was weird- amidst the homey shopes in the Whaler's Village stood a Louis Vuitton and Tiffany's... talk about standing out) but I did find a lot of cute things in one of the gift shops in the Ritz. They had everything from Trina Turk's new line to Diptyque candles (got one in Baies, yum!). I also found the best way to bring relaxation back with me to LA... mebath Bath Ice Cream.



They are scoops of "ice cream" filled with all natural essential oils, salts, minerals, scents and flowers. They fizz when you pop them in the water and create a wonderfully scented bath. They also work wonders on your skin, making it feel smooth and reinvigorated. My favorite scents were Hawaiian Lei and Peaches and Cream.

Well, the main reason for my visit to Maui was to attend my cousin's wedding. It was on the lawn of a beach house, steps away from the sand.



All of the settings were so beautiful. The dinner table was right next to the water, which was amazing in the moonlight. Well... that's it for now, I will try to post more pics later. Right now I have to enjoy the time I have with the house to myself. (Just dropped off the pups at the groomers)

P.S. Remember those dog tags I ordered from Wagging Tail? Well, I got a call from them telling me that they were featured in a magazine and they got flooded with orders so they weren't ready until today. They said that "Reese Witherspoon bought some and then it was featured in a magazine the month after and we've been soooo busy." You know what pisses me off??? I ordered them the same day, WHILE Reese was in the store... so why were MINE pushed back? Sheesh. I guess that's what I get for being an unimportant person in LA...