Tuesday, August 3

Three Cheers for Kiehl's!

Here are some goodies I picked up at the Kiehl's in Santa Monica (Montana Ave.) today: *edits are added after testing :P

Cutest little gift set ever! No! I didn't buy it for Lulu! It's for my cousin Emi's new baby. Of course, as they are gifts and for babies, I was unable to try them for a product review ^.^
But the set comes with:
Gentle foaming hair & body wash, Nurturing baby cream for face & body, Diaper rash ointment, Baby lip balm, & Kiehl's baby T-shirt.



*edit: Okay didn't actually test it, but I did smell them and they smell so cute!



Superbly Efficient Anti-Perspirant & Deodorant Cream
I got this one just for the name ^.^ I wasn't overconfident about the normal drugstore ones I use, and since this one is superbly efficient, I had to try it. It boasts 24-hour coverage as well as skin softening, soothing, and conditioning ingredients such as orange, lemon, and linseed extracts.

*edit: It hasn't been 24 hours yet, but I'd say I'm impressed! It isn't as sticky as Secret and I certainly don't have to use as much. It also makes the underarm skin look smoother and healthier!



Grapefruit Liquid Body Cleanser
At first I didn't like Kiehl's shower gels because they were so runny, but I love the refreshing fruity scents. It also leaves your skin feeling very clean and soft yet without the tightness that other soaps usually leave behind.

*edit: I like this scent much better than mango, it's stronger and cripser.






Grapefruit Deluxe Hand & Body Lotion
Not as heavy as the Creme de Corps, but does its job well. I love the refreshingly sweet scent and the smooth texture it leaves behind. Some if its ingredients include Aloe Vera and Oatmeal.








Superemely Gentle Eye Make-Up Remover
I love that this make-up remover feels more like a treatment rather than the usual harsh ones put out by other beauty labels. It is very gentle and not greasy at all, but it does the job!








Close Shaverettes "Simply Mahvelous Legs" After-Shave Lotion
My legs have become so dry this season, I was willing to try anything. This soothing cream doubles as a moisturizer and is supposed to get rid of dryness.


*edit: Don't convert just yet... not as moisturizing as a lotion and doesn't smell very good. However, I noticed that I didn't have any razor burn or irritation afterwards... so the question is.. did I ever have razor burn or irritation before? I don't think I did... Anyhow, I still had to put lotion on afterwards.


Rare Earth Facial Cleansing Masque
I was looking for a good treatment to use for my bf's sensitive/oily complexion. This is supposed to be a good cleansing mask that goes deep into the pores and leaves the skin soft, clean and smooth.

*edit: Wow! The masque went on smoothly, wasn't messy, and it dried up pretty fast. The results were pretty good- the tone of the skin improved and pores were clean & shrunken. It definitely delivered on its promises - and even better: it works on ALL skin types including sensitive.


Foaming Non-Detergent Washable Cleanser
I got this facial cleanser for sensitive skin for my bf. Again, not for me, but I hear it's unscented and guys love it because it foams up just like soap. BTW- what is it with guys and non-foaming cleansers? It bugs the hell out of him whenever I get a facial cleanser that doesn't foam up. It's still cleanser! Anyhoo this one is great for sensitive/oily skin.


*edit: Passed the redness test! Definitely gentle enough for even the most sensitive of skin.




Multi-Purpose Facial Formula For Men
Don't you wish they had one of these creams for women? It's an all-in-one cream that is supposed to smooth, moisturize, protect, exfoliate and mattefy male skin. Now I don't want to say I am easily swayed by marketing but... this cream seemed pretty amazing!

*edit: Again, I was very impressed. The cream was light and not oily at all. Had no scent and was gentle enough even for his skin. Left just the right amout of moisture on the skin with shine control.