Wednesday, October 27

My Lasik Gift

After *finally* getting Lasik surgery, I decided it justified buying a new pair of sunglasses. I've been on the search for a good, trusty pair of basic sunglasses for a long time now.

I'm a sucker for the Gucci "fashion" ones... with the brown/white gradient lenses, then in the summer with their bright blue lenses. The last pair I bought were pink lenses. I would take a picture but I don't have any idea where any of these sunglasses are :)

But anyhow, they were all impulse purchases... the type where they happen to look really good with the outfit you have on while you're shopping... but you end up never wearing again!

So this time I went to Bloomingdale's with a mission: I wanted to find classic black plastic frame sunglasses that I could work in with most of my outfits. I watned something functional. I tried on every pair of Chanel's... sadly it just wasn't meant to be. Most were either too big, too square, or just too retro. Before giving in I decided to give some of the other labels a try. Soon I was trying on every black plastic pair they had to offer: Prada, Gucci, Dior, Armani... finally as a last resort I tried on a pair of Kate Spade.

Now don't get me wrong... it's not that I don't like Kate Spade. I just never really give them a second look when it comes to Sunglasses. It's like D&G... great clothes, even great shoes and bags sometimes... but you don't really think of D&G when you think of sunglasses do you?

Anyway, I found the perfect pair and I'm pretty happy with them. They were very reasonably priced too!

I do have one qualm though: the lens is actually a gradient lens so it doesnt really, really block out sunlight. =D Oh well.