Wednesday, November 3

Make-Up Update

Okay screw the vote, I went back to Barney's and traded the Pink Ribbon set for the Press Shy palette. I love it!

I played around with it a lot today (until my eyes were red from eye make-up remover muhaha) and I was pleasantly surprised. I was a little bit worried when I picked this set because the eye colors are on the heavier side: moonlight, grace, slate and espresso. However, once I put them on they were pretty sheer. Just be careful with the moonlight because just a little goes a really long way- the first time I put it on I looked like a clown.

Anyways for the "day" I put the moonlight on my browbones just to highlight then worked my crease in with grace. Then I dusted a little of the slate on my lids, close to my eyelashes. The blush is pretty sheer so it works great for day or night looks and I used the rose shine glaze on my lips. I love that this set comes with brushes and a mirror so I can do touchups wherever!

For my "night" look first I lined my eyes with Benefit's Babe Cake (the best eyeliner I've found so far-- but more on that later!) in the black. Then I dusted the entire lid with moonlight and worked my crease in with grace. Then I dampened the eyeshadow brush that comes with the kit and I caked on the slate all over my lid (from the lashes to my natural crease) for a bolder, smokier look. Then I smudged on the espresso on my outer lids, both top and bottom. I put on one coat of Stila's waterproof mascara in black and my look was complete!

One thing I don't like about the palette though is the Natalie lip color which looks magenta on me. I tried mixing it with the Rose shine and it came out okay, but more of a day color.

Now... on to eyeliner. I've had the worst problems with eyeliner. I've tried pencils and even jumped the gun and tried NARS liquid eyeliner: nothing worked. I'd either get a clumpy line or a really messed up one. I was @ the Benefit counter and a SA introduced me to their babe cake... amazing stuff! Just dip the get bent brush in water and then blend into one or both of the colors until you get a good thick mixture. The brush is amazing and the eyeliner goes on so smoothly! I got it right on the first try. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who's had problems with eyeliner.