Thursday, March 31

These are a few of my favorite things...

New weather, new routine... the environment has done some unforgivable things to my skin and hair. First of all with the weather being hot one minute and cold the next, my skin has become parched and confused. Same goes to my dehydrated hair (which has been bearing the gruesome task of being washed twice a day because of my new workout schedule). Dull skin is NOT what I when summer weather comes. So... the best way to stay moisturized and looking fresh?

Body:
There is an urban myth that you need to switch products for them to stay effective. At first I thought this was a marketing ploy to get us to keep buying and trying new prodcuts... but now I'm beginning to think it's true. I *loved* Kiehl's Instant Satin-Soft Body Rub Moisturizer but I am not getting the same results as I did 3 weeks ago. I did an experiment... I switched lotions for a week and then I switched back... I got the same super-soft skin I did when I first tried it! So... now I keep 3 body lotions in stock (Kiehl's, L'Occitane, and DDF) and I switch whenever it feels like the lotion isn't doing its job.

Hair:
The frequent hair washes, the harsh midday sun, and the dry night winds have reduced my hair to tough stickly strands. The repair remedy? A quick 3-step solution.


After the shower, spray this Frederic Fekkai reparative spray on damp hair, and twist into a bun to let it soak in. I have to admit I am not a fan of the scent (a little bit powdery) but it does wonders to soften up your strands to look smooth and healthy.


After five minutes (i.e. leave the Fekkai spray in your hair as you put on your body moisturizer, face moisturizer, etc), I pump two servings of Kerastase smoothing hair foundation into my palms and I work it into my damp hair. This not only smells GREAT, but it protects your hair as you blow dry while using the heat to smooth out your hair.


The last but crucial step is the Kerastase Serum Nutri-Sculpt which is kind of like an oil. I warm it up in my hands (two squirts in to my palms and rub it around) then I slowly comb my fingers through my hair to apply it evenly. This provides "Lustrous Repair for Damaged and Sensitised Ends" and it gives your hair a smooth, shiny finish.

Face:

Les Quatre Ombres de Chanel in 'Influences'.
I'm always looking for ways to make my eyes look 'big' and 'awake' but 'natural' and 'fresh'. This palette definitely does the trick!

The top left color looks like a shimmery white... a great highlighter for the browbone and the insides of the eye to make the eyes look bigger and brighter.

The pink and peach are just the way I like it- not too pinky and not too peachy. They are light and not shimmery at all... a great way to freshen up the eyes with a little bit of color.

The brown can be used as a wet or dry liner, or I like to smudge it close to my eyelashes for a naturally smoky look.

These colors work great for during the day when you don't want to look like you have too much on, but combined with an eyeshadow primer you can get a nice bolder look at night.