Sunday, May 29

Bye-bye Havaianas

The floppy overly-casual look of flip-flops are now expired. By me. My flip-flops are reserved only for the use of trips to the garbage chute or to the nail salon across the street.

I've worn flip-flops everyday since I tried a pair on last summer in Hawaii. The result? Flat, clumsy feet that flop around, stubbing toes here and there. Not to mention the horrid state my skin and toe nails are left in from all that flip-flopping around. But the worst of it all? The irrreversible damage of the heels of my favorite pairs of jeans.

No sirree, no more Havaianas for me.

I am, however, going to allow myself the closest thing to those comfy sandals for the rest of summer... a slight upgrade to a pair of Seychelles' Cha-Chas. I bought a pair in gold last week at Tryst in Studio City. They are comfortable, they stay on, and best of all the hard sole reminds my feet that they are in slightly "dressy" shoes so they don't just flop around carelessly on the sidewalks. I am tempted to buy the green.



But meanwhile, I'd like it recorded in print right now. I will not wear flip-flops this fall or winter. I will not wear flip-flops this fall or winter. I will not wear flip-flops this fall or winter.