Saturday, October 1

Bootiful

I decided I need boots. Cutie knee-high boots. I've never owned a pair of boots. Really! The ones I've tried have always been too uncomfortable, but then again that was before I admitted I was a size 10 and I crammed my feet into 9-ers! So I am going to invest in a pair of boots.

Since I'm a first-timer, I'm going to need something simple enough to match a lot of outfits, something comfy enough to break my fear of boots, yet something cute and different enough to justify a major purchase. They have to be knee-high, above the calf. They have to be feminine and make my feet look smaller than they actually are. Slim enough to wear under jeans yet slouchy enough to wear with capris. Not too dressy, not to pointy and not too 'old'.

So far these are the ones I've liked, although I'm having a hard time finding them in stores to try on!


Chloe, $1015.
Can't find these anywhere. There is not a single store in Los Angeles that carries it, it seems. But I'm thinking these would be perfect. But might be too much for a first boot purchase.



Jimmy Choo, $940.
These looked cutie on the model in the Fall/Winter Choo catalog. But can I pull them off? Not sure if my legs are quite long enough. What do you think? Real world wear?



Marc by Marc Jacobs, $840.
I'm leaning towards these, although I'd like to know what they're made out of [it's called the silk something] and how shiny they are in person.



Marc by Marc Jacobs, $715.
I really like the shapes on these but I'm unsure about the metallic accents. Might look cheesy.



Studio Pollini, $680.
I like the slouchy shape of these but the color is too 'burnt orange' for me. Plus I wouldn't spend this much on a line I've never heard of.



KORS by Michael Kors, $295.
On a side note, what about these to replace the Uggs for this winter? For walking the dog, and for those super chilly Los Angeles nights. ;)