Monday, September 27

To answer a.'s comment:

Do you stick to one brand of clothing? ;)

If I do have an addiction- it is trying on new/different skincare products. I do not completely stick to one line, however I do have my favorites. If I come across a product that dramatically improves my skin, I keep it in my daily routine. Currently, this is what I use:

Peter Thomas Roth Botanical Buffing Beads, $35
So far, this is my favorite exfoliator for the face. It isn't harsh- actually it's gentle enough for everyday use. Also, a little goes a long way, so the large bottle actually lasts you a long time. I use mine in the shower, it's a great way to leave your skin feeling fresh!


When I actually do need a good cleansing (to wash off make-up, for instance) I've switched over to Kiehl's Foaming Non-Detergent Washable Cleanser. (8 oz, $15.50) I love that it foams, has no scent or anything irritating, and it does the job without stripping your face of oil. You get a nice soft and clean finish rather than a tight, filmy feeling that some cleansers leave behind. Again, a little goes a long way and because it foams up, you can feel that it's working.






Kiehl's Cucumber Herbal Alcohol-Free Toner, 8oz $15.
When I'm feeling a little drab, I use this toner to freshen up. To be honest, I'm not sure what toner does. All I know is that ever since I started using this about 2 years ago my skin has dramatically improved. Of course, it could be something else, but I prefer not to take a chance :). This is really good to freshen up the face in the middle of the day too.






Peter Thomas Roth Environmental Repair Hydrating Gel, $35.
I use this as a moisturizer. I like that it has no scent and doesn't leave behind any residue, but I noticed 15 minutes after putting this on that my skin isn't as moist or hydrated as I would like. However, my skin used to be visibly dry. After using this daily, I noticed that my skin does look fresher and newer. But, it might be because I'm starting to use SPF now.

Sun Wrinkle Control Cream SPF 15, $25.
I don't like the way this smells or the way this feels when you put it on, but I'm scared to death of wrinkles so I force myself to use it. It actually works great after the PTR hydrating gel because this will definitely leave your face moisturized. The thing is, you won't be able to tell if this is working until you're 40. But why take chances?

I actually used to have pretty dull skin. I had uneven skin tone and my skin looked "thin". That's when I decided to start trying different products to improve my skin tone. Now I get a lot of compliments on my skin and I don't really get breakouts or anything anymore, so and I think I've found a good combination that I'm going to stick with.

Funny thing is, it really did happen almost over night. Everybody's heard of La Mer, and how JLo and Oprah can't live without it... and I thought it was just hype until I actually tried it. Actually, I only had one of those small .25oz sample packages but I used it every night for a week and I really did have new skin afterwards. And the best thing about it is... I didn't have to use it again, ever. But I got sucked in and I bought the lip balm and the eye balm and those didn't really work. ~.~